Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Well, that is about it

I just received a call from Enedina, the supervisor. The one that I was told I wouldn't be dealing with anymore. I asked her why I was hearing from her and not her manager and she told me that she was the supervisor and I would ahve to deal with her. She went on to say that Ford would do nothing because the clutch is normally a wear item and not covered by warranty. she called the dealership and said that they had told her that based on their test drive that concluded that this was definitley not a warrantiable repair. All that wihout even taking the thing apart to inspect it. As a result my only option was to have the clutch repaired at my expense and risk voiding the warranty with an aftermarket part. She also mentioned that I had an expensive warranty but it didn't cover things like clutches. If I wanted to repair my car I had to risk going with an aftermarket part that may void my warranty and that Ford will do nothing to help mitiagate the matter. I was also told that her supervisor was "Ford Canada" and if I had a problem that I should take it up with them. Basically she refused to give me the option of going up the ladder.

Ford's customer service is truley the worst I have ever dealt with, anyone reading this should seriously consider this before purchasing a Ford product. I am now resorting to the government mediator that I mentioned in my previous post.

2 comments:

hockeybill said...

I have had similar experience this week with my ford mustang v6. The clutch started slipping at 51,000km in 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th gear. I drive my car normal and have driven standard for over 30 years. I have never had a clutch failer ever. This must be defect in part or install.

ETNSHO said...

Hi, I'm having problems with my clutch since the first day, June 7th 2007. The follwing october, I started having serious problems changing all gears, and sometimes my brake pedal just won't respond the way it should. December 15th, couldn't change gears AT ALL. My dealer told me that the pressure plate had a broken tooth, flywheel "blue" and the clutch was at 50%.... they changed everything between the motor and tranny ; it took 2 months to have all parts... when I got myh car back, I couldn't change gears at all... the technician told me that... "ohhh it's probably an air bubble, we might bleed the system" The next 2 days, changing gears was a real pleasure, and then, it came back to usual... The service manager told me to come back in summer so they can change the tranny, which I did.... and the same guy tells me they find nothing wrong so I'll have to come back when it's really bad... so I called the Ford road Assistance the following week because I wasn't able to change gears properly. AGAIN they told me there's nothing wrong... SO I'M A LITTLE PISSED NOW. The car has 25k... and I'm feeling like if I was treated has a retarded... I had so many vehicles, I did the mechanics on all of them, and I've never had such problems !!!!