Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Phone calls from Ford

On my way home Monday night I decided to check my messages on my home phone. There was a message from an apologetic Douglas from Ford customer service (the guy who hung up on me) and another message from Enedina the supervisor. It was before 5:00 so I thought that their customer service line would still be open and I called it on the way home. After a 20 minute wait I finally got a CSR and asked to speak with Enedina the supervisor. They interrogated me as to whether or not she was expecting my call, who I was, what it was regarding and then put me on hold. Some time later I was informed that Enedina the supervisor went home already. I told them that at this point I was done dealing with Ford's customer service, that their "service" was abysmal, that they had my daytime contact information and apparently didn't know how to use it and that I was going to deal with the VP of Customer Service from this point onwards. If I cannot get satisfaction this way I will move on to the Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan. More information can be found about it here: http://www.ic.gc.ca/epic/site/oca-bc.nsf/en/ca01510e.html

From the web site:

"Dispute Resolution

The Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan (CAMVAP) provides a neutral third party to resolve disputes between consumers and vehicle manufacturers about alleged manufacturing defects or the implementation of the manufacturer's new vehicle warranty when the vehicle was made in the current or previous four model years. This service is available across the country. You can reach CAMVAP toll free at 1-800-207-0685. "

There is also provincial contact information on that web site.

No comments: